*Online registration for the 2019 International Artist Competition is now closed.
Southern California Marimba’s 2019 International Artist Competition is now open in three categories:
- Scholastic Solo (grades 6-12 at the time of registration)
- Collegiate Solo (ages 18-30 at the time of registration)
- Open Duo (for all ages): marimba + any other instrument
HOW CAN I APPLY?
Please click HERE to apply online for the competition. Applicants must submit the following:
- Complete application form, including sheet music and audio file(s) upload
- Registration fee (see below)
After you submit both the online form and payment, SCM will send you an email to confirm that your application process is complete.
Here are the registration fees for each category:
- Scholastic Solo: 50 USD per application
- Collegiate Solo: 75 USD per application
- Open Duo: 90 USD per application
The registration fee can be paid through the PayPal links below after completing your online form. This fee is non-refundable.
No PayPal account is required. Please select the Pay with Debit or Credit Card option if you do not have a PayPal account.
- Application/audio submission – January 18, 2019 – extended to January 20, 2019
- Semi-finalists announcement – March 1, 2019
- Live semi-final and final rounds – May 31 to June 2, 2019
WHAT TO EXPECT AFTER YOUR APPLICATION
- All applicants will receive constructive feedback from our judges for the audio round.
- We will accept approximately 12 scholastic, 12 collegiate, and 4 duos for the live rounds taking place at Chapman University.
- Along with participating in the live rounds, semi-finalists will receive the opportunity to participate in masterclasses, attend an evening concert by our judges, and network with some of the best artists of our generation.